Monday, April 23, 2012

TWELVE VIEWS OF LONE CONE


100 Views of Mt. Fuji has captured my imagination for as long as I can remember.
The work of Hokusai and Hiroshige has inspired and influenced the way I see and paint the landscape. So...I am pleased to announce that with support from a Fellowship Grant from Telluride Arts I will be going to learn the art of Japanese woodblock printmaking this June at the Anderson Ranch Arts Center! The class is titled Japanese-Style Woodcut Printmaking & the Western Landscape, taught by Tom Killion. This ties the painting I have been doing here in Colorado over the last two decades to a new medium and way of capturing the landscape.
Over the next year I plan to work on a series of twelve prints of the Lone Cone (more on this iconic SW Colorado mountain in my next post).

No comments:

Post a Comment